North American Bison is hiring immediately for a full time Maintenance Technician. Reporting to the VP of Operations, the selected candidate will be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, possess a “Can Do” attitude and be able to adapt to a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- In a timely and professional manner, perform all aspects of maintenance, preventative maintenance, monitor, troubleshoot and repair of all elements in the facility ensuring safety, communication and efficiency Ensure that all OSHA regulations are being met. This includes…vacuum machines, conveyors, hydraulic processing equipment, fork lifts, etc.
- Proactively communicate with all departments in professional manner to fulfill company objectives
- Create and lead a positive, safe, productive & professional atmosphere
- Respond to process line or emergency calls to efficiently analyze, evaluate and direct repair.
- Perform lock out tag out procedures as required
- Keep accurate documentation.
- Assist outside contractors as needed
- Install new or revised equipment or devices
- Forecast any probable future issues that may cause downtime
- Train new employees as required
- Maintain a clean, organized, and safe work area
- Attend and participate in meetings, training and continuing education programs internally or externally as deemed appropriate by management
- Notify the management of daily performance and/or issues
- Education Required: High School Diploma
- Years of Experience Required: 5 years of related work experience preferred
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Willingness to complete food safety and other job training and comply with SQF standards
- Successful candidates must be able to work 12-hour shifts.
- 401(k) matching
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Relocation assistance