Bison Stuffed Peppers, adapted from: Kitchen Gone Rogue
Love stuffed peppers? Well you’ll love them even more with bison meat! Using all-natural, American-produced bison, grated carrots, grated zucchini, chopped onions, fresh garlic, dairy-free cheese (or regular cheese) and a tasty blend of spices, this meal is not only healthy, but extremely delicious.
- Wash the carrot, zucchini and bell peppers.
- Peel the carrot and grate it; grate the zucchini; chop the onion; peel and chop the garlic.
- Chop off the tops of the bell peppers and cut out the insides. Make sure you remove all the seeds.
- Add all of the other ingredients to a large bowl & mix well. (NOTE: if you forgot to cook the rice ahead of time, it can be completely omitted with no alterations)
- Fill each bell pepper with the bison veggie mixture.
- Place the peppers on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for 40-45 minutes, depending on the size of your bell peppers and your oven.
- Pull the stuffed peppers out of the oven, top with more shredded cheese and garnish with fresh herbs if desired, and let them cool a little while.
- Serve and enjoy!