Put Savory Bison Short Ribs on the menu this week for a winning family dinner. Served on top of a bed of pasta with extra sauce, we’re pretty sure no one will complain when you call them to the table!
- Cook bison in oil in 4-qt Dutch oven over medium heat until brown; drain.
- Stir in broth, horseradish and salt. Heat to boiling, reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer until tender (about 2 hours).
- Remove bison from broth – keep warm.
- Add onions, cover and simmer until onions are tender (5 – 8 minutes).
- Skim excess fat from broth. Add enough water to broth to measure 2 cups.
- Shake ¼ C water and 2 T flour in tightly covered container. Gradually stir into broth.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly. Boil and stir one minute; remove from heat.
- Stir in sour cream. Pour sauce & onions over ribs.
Consider serving ribs nestled on cooked pasta and drizzled with the sauce. If necessary to refrigerate – do not exceed 48 hours.