Saying goodbye to summer is hard, but as the temperatures start to drop it gets easier knowing you have this recipe in your back pocket to warm you right up! Packed with protein and delicious flavors, this bison chili recipe is something you’ll crave every week.
- Heat in a large Dutch oven or pot over high heat.
- Add bison, and brown it, stirring often for 5 minutes.
- Add onion and carrot, and cook, until both begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup water to deglaze the pan, scraping brown bits from the bottom of the pan as the water evaporates
- Add cauliflower, bell pepper and garlic and cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add cumin, chili powder, vinegar, tomatoes and beans, chickpeas, and corn along with 1 cup water.
- Bring to a boil; reduce to a simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are fork tender, about 45 minutes.
Serve garnished with chopped cilantro and scallions, and your other favorite chili toppings.