The more flavorful way to mix things up.
- If steaks are not portioned, cut into 4-5 oz pieces. Pound bison steaks between plastic sheets to a ¼ inch thickness.
- Whisk together the vinegar, oils and seasonings for the marinade and dressing.
- Spoon ½ of the mixture over the cut bison steaks and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Place butter lettuce and assorted greens on a serving plate and surround with cut vegetable garnishes.
- Drain the marinade off the bison steaks and discard.
- Quickly pan-fry the bison steaks in a small amount of canola oil to rare or medium-rare. Slice into thin strips and place atop salad greens.
- Drizzle with reserved dressing and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and cilantro.