Have a delicious traditional roast–then make this recipe for a Taco Tuesday favorite.
Bison Roast Directions:
- In a large skillet, heat oil over high heat. When the skillet is hot, brown roast on all sides.
- Place onion slices on the bottom of a slow cooker, place the browned roast on top of the onions. Add all other ingredients except the chipotle peppers.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 to 10 hours.
- When done remove roast and let rest for 20 minutes, then shred. Reserve 1 cup of liquid for later.
Chipotle Taco Directions:
- Blend the chipotle peppers in adobo sauce until smooth.
- Add the chipotle and reserved roast liquid to the shredded bison – just enough to make moist.
- Warm the meat in a skillet on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Fill taco shells with the meat and add your favorite taco toppings: lettuce, cheese, diced tomato, chopped cilantro, sour cream, etc.