Bursting with a medley of flavors, these TenderBison sliders make an impressive appetizer or main dish that will please any guest at your table.
- Pulled Bison: Pat bison dry with paper towel; season with salt and pepper. Heat oil in high-sided skillet set over medium heat; cook bison for 5 to 8 minutes or until browned all over. Transfer to plate. Stir onion, garlic, thyme and rosemary into skillet; cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until slightly softened. Pour in stock, tomato sauce and Worcestershire sauce; bring to boil. Return bison to pan; reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and cook for 2 ½ to 3 hours or until very tender.
- Transfer bison to large bowl; let rest for 10 minutes. Shred bison using two forks. Toss with some of the cooking juices. Return to skillet; keep warm.
- Sliders with Caramelized Onion & Gorgonzola: stir together mayonnaise, horseradish, lemon juice and mustard; spread over 4 slider buns. Top with arugula. Divide one-third of the pulled bison among buns; top with caramelized onions and blue cheese.
- Sliders with Kimchi & Bacon: stir together mayonnaise and gochujang. Spread over 4 slider buns. Divide one-third of the pulled bison among buns; top with bacon, kimchi, cucumber and sesame seeds.
- Sliders with Mango Chutney & Yogurt Sauce: In saucepan set over medium-high heat, combine mango, raisins, sugar, vinegar, shallot, garlic, ginger, mustard seeds, cardamom pods, clove, crushed coriander, cumin and chili flakes; bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium; cook, stirring frequently to prevent scorching, for 10 to 50 minutes or until thickened. Let cool completely.
- Stir together yogurt, mint, cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper. Spread chutney over 4 slider buns. Top with spinach. Divide remaining pulled bison and yogurt sauce among buns.
To make caramelized onions, cook 1 large onion in 4 tsp butter with a pinch of salt and sugar in a saucepan set over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown.